Monday, July 23, 2012

Tell Me More Linky and an Ouchie

I am linking up with Amy over at Step into Second Grade for her Tell Me More Linky Party. Its a fun way to just get to know each other outside of our teaching blogs so I am hopping right in. 


First thing I am going to tell you all is that I BROKE MY PINKY TOE AT LAKESHORE!!!! Owwwwieeeeee!!!! Well actually I didn't break it, someone else did :-( I was walking around the back of the laminator to reset the the little umber do-dad thingy and someone had let their kid push their shopping cart and when I turned back around to go back in front of the laminator he ran right into my little pinky toe! It is al swollen and black and blue and it hurts really bad (I will spare you a picture of it LOL but you can still feel sorry for me) I bet my hubby hopes this makes me leery to go back into Lakeshore for a while, but I have a feeling it will have no ill effects on my affection for Lakeshore. 

Next, I have an AWESOME family!! My hubby and I have been married for 20 years and he totally completes me. He has made all my dreams come true. We have 3 great kids!! Our daughter, Ashley, is 24 years old and she is a brand new kindergarten teacher! Our sons are Bobby (almost 22) and Garrett (19). Bobby is going to be entering the police academy in January (scared to death but super proud), and Garrett is working towards his GED and plans to enter our local community college as soon as he can, he wants to major in art and become a tattoo artist (my rebel child but he's all mine and I love him bunches!) My sweet daddy is also a major part of my family. He lives in a nursing home nearby and he is in the advanced stages of Alzheimer's Disease. I try to go see him as often as I can but it is really difficult to see him like this. The picture below was taken last Christmas. He was starting to go down hill at that point. 

Me and my honey in the back, Bobby, Ashley, my Daddy, and Garrett on the couch



I have 2 brothers and a sister. My sister and I are very close even though she is 14 years older than me. Our mom passed away when I was only 23 years old and my sister stepped in to be the mom figure I needed. 

My sister and I


Let's see, what else.... Oh yeah!! My husband and I went on Weight Watchers in March of 2011 and I lost a total of 35 pounds and my husband lost 110 pounds!!! On August 30th it will be my 1 year anniversary of maintaining my weight loss!

Left picture was taken in June of 2009 and the picture on the right was September 2011

You can probably tell in the "after" picture above that I am a huge UCF football fan! I graduated from UCF and so did my daughter. I LOVE going to the games and cheering on my school!

I LOVE to shop! My favorite things to shop for are clothes and purses. I am not a big shoe person although I do own quite a few pair. I love me some Ross, TJ Maxx, and Dress Barn. Oh and I love Coach and Dooney & Bourke bags, but I also like just cute and fun purses too. 

Well that's all I can think of right now with this painful throbbing in my toe, so I think I will be done for now and start googling what I can do for a broken toe. Let me just say, one more time, owwwwwiiiieeeee :-( 


3 comments:

  1. I can't believe your toe got broken at Lakeshore! I hope you're feeling better soon. Congrats on the weight loss. That is amazing!! It was great getting to know you more. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Lisa, of all places right?? I didn't realize it was broken until I got home. I knew it hurt like heck when it happened, and then it was throbbing all the way home. When I got out of my car and stood on the foot it hurt more than heck LOL That's when I looked at it again and realized it was swollen and all sorts of black/blue/purple. The best part is that I am supposed to get to start working in my brand new classroom tomorrow, that will be fun - rearranging furniture with a broken toe, Yay! I can hardly wait! (Could you detect the sarcasm in that sentence?) LOL

      Delete
  2. That stinks you broke your toe! Hopefully it gets better ASAP! Congrats on your weight loss with your husband! You look great :)

    ReplyDelete