Tuesday, June 12, 2012

All settled in and ready to enjoy my summer!

Well today i went one more time to work in my new classroom. I always worry I won't have everything ready for the first day of school and I don't know why I worry because I ALWAYS have everything ready in plenty of time. This move to a new school has been so exciting but at the same time I want to make a good impression on my new teammates and my new administrator so I want everything to be just right.

Yesterday I was able to completely unpack and put away all my stuff but the furniture was all over the place and I wasn't really able to picture in my mind what I wanted the space to look like come August, so today I decided that I was going to go in and arrange all the furniture the way I wanted it for August and take pictures that way when the custodians move everything to clean the carpets and wax the floors I will have pictures of exactly how I want to set up my room and I won't be in a panic have a heart attack worry as much when trying to figure it all out again. I am SO glad I went in today and I feel like I really got a LOT accomplished (even though it will all be moved into the center of the room in just a couple weeks LOL) I don't have a large room so I had to make the best use of my space so I got rid of the rectangle table that was beside my desk and pushed my desk up flush against the wall. This opened up a TON of space. Then I started really thinking about the tables in my room. I have had a total of 4 flower shaped tables that each seat 6 kiddos. I asked the custodian to remove one of those tables and it was perfect! I still have seating for 18 students and if for some crazy reason I go over 18 (which is not likely in my state due to class size laws) then I still have a small round table I can use as well. I am SO please with how the room looks and I am super excited to have it all figured out so now I can enjoy the rest of my summer without worry. I can focus on fun stuff like DIY's for my new classroom theme of Bright and Colorful primary colors!  Oh I also found out today that they are having ESE summer school at my school and my classroom will be used by an ESE pre-K class beginning tomorrow so that will force allow me to not work in my classroom all summer and enjoy a much needed summer break. I won't be able to get back into my classroom to work until early August which is perfect timing. Although they did say that if I have things I need to drop off I can come by after 2:00 to drop off stuff so I can still shop and make stuff YAY!

Here are a few before and after pictures from my classroom.

 This was my desk area yesterday - you see that their is a table next to the desk with the computer and printer on it, I removed that table, pushed the desk against the wall instead of having it sticking out into the room, and I put the computer on my desk and the printer on a student desk next to my desk. and below is the new picture of my desk area 


 My desk area when I left today! I think it looks much better!


 This was my view from the door yesterday, with 4 big flower tables and (you can't see it in the picture) a round table for small group.

This is the view from the door today 3 tables nicely spaced :-)


A view of one of my books shelves and the kitchen area from yesterday

My books shelf and puzzle cabinet - looks a little plain right now but with a cute bulletin board and some decorations around them they will be super cute! 


 My teaching area! My friend's mom is going to make me a primary colored chair cushion for my rocking chair!


 Side view of my teaching area and my printer

 My theme books will go in this bookshelf and then behind it is my listening center

 My listening center - I am looking for 2 bright yellow and 2 bright blue tie on chair cushions for my crates so I can make primary colored crate seats for my listening center
 Bookshelf and kitchen center today


Kitchen center

4 comments:

  1. Looks good. Your rug is awfully fun.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh!! I LOVE how you set up your listening center! I'm going to have to do something new...& wasn't sure what that would be. I'll have to see if I have room to do your set up! Thanks for posting!

    Primary Inspired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, glad you liked it! I have made cushions for the crates since this picture was taken but my room is being used for ESE summer school so I can't get in my room until August to set up and decorate. Can't wait to post more pictures once I get it all "prettified" (as my hubby would say LOL)

      Delete
  3. 18 students! Wow! I love the flower tables. Your room looks so modern and large.

    ReplyDelete